DAAD Scholarship Programmes
DAAD Research Grants for Young Faculty of Pakistani Universities (Phd-students and postdocs)
DAAD research grants are available for doctoral candidates and young postdocs for:
- Research projects at German universities for the purpose of gaining a Ph.D. in the home country (Research Grants- Bi-nationally Supervised Doctoral Degrees),
- Research projects at a German university for the purpose of gaining a doctorate in Germany,
- Research projects or further education and training at German universities for young post-docs.
In the past, applicants to the DAAD "Research Grant" programme have been, expected to be faculty of a Pakistani university or research institution. Now, postgraduate students (having recently completed 18 years of education) or who are in the process of finalizing their M. Phil course or who are on an "M. Phil leading to PhD" programme or those who have already started their PhD research work without being employed at any university are eligible to apply. They should, however be full time members of a university or research institution (as faculty or as postgraduate students) and they should be clearly aiming at an academic career. This means, professionals working in any other private or public organization or company are not eligible to apply for a DAAD Research Grant.
Additional Information for applicants from the field of :
Deadline of application: September 30, 2014.
A step by step guide on "How to apply to a DAAD Research Grant", can be found here
NOTE: Application for a DAAD Research Grant is highly competitive, and at the end less than one applicant out of ten will be selected for a scholarship. We thus strongly advise you:
Apply only if have strong academic records and your research project has been approved by a German supervisor (or you have proof that a graduate school encourages your application)!
Find out about all other funding possibilities:
- HEC Overseas Scholarships and UESTP Faculty Training Scholarships: www.hec.gov.pk
- International Max Planck Research Schools: www.imprs.mpg.de
- International Helmholtz Research Schools and Graduate Schools: www.helmholtz.de/phd
- Leibniz Graduate Schools: www.leibniz-gemeinschaft.de/graduate-schools
- Graduate Schools funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG): www.dfg.de/en/excellence- initiative/gsc
- DFG Research Training Groups: www.dfg.de/gk/en
- Funded PhD programmes can also be found at: www.phdgermany.de
NOTE: With immediate effect, applications to the programme DAAD research grant have to be submitted online.
The procedure is as follows:
1. Enter the online platform via: www.funding-guide.de
2. Select the type of Research Grant (Full PhD, one year, short-term or Bi-nationally supervised) you want to apply to, from the list. You will find a link leading you to the platform.
3. Register yourself
4. Download the application form.
5. Fill the application form and upload it together with all (scanned) documents.
Note: Documents do not need to be certified! Certified copies have to be submitted only by successful candidates!
6. Wait for the system to generate a summary of your application.
7. Print this summary three times and send it to the DAAD office Islamabad until September 30!
Technical requirements: To submit your application online, you need Mozilla or Internet Explorer. Chrome does not work.
For a step by step guide on how to register and apply to the online portal, please click here.
Please call our office (051-2656382) or e-mail us at email@example.com. in case you get stuck.