DAAD Scholarship Programmes
DAAD Research Grants for Young Faculty of Pakistani Universities (Phd-students and postdocs)
DAAD research grants are available for doctoral candidates and young postdocs for:
- Research projects at German universities for the purpose of gaining a Ph.D. in the home country (sandwich model),
- Research projects at a German university for the purpose of gaining a doctorate in Germany,
- Research projects or further education and training at German universities for young post-docs.
Additional Information for applicants from the field of :
Medicine (also see below: Scholarships for Medical Doctors)
Deadline of application: September 30, 2014.
A step by step guide on "How to apply to a DAAD Research Grant", can be found here
NOTE: Application for a DAAD Research Grant is highly competitive, and at the end less than one applicant out of ten will be selected for a scholarship. We thus strongly advise you:
Apply only if have strong academic records and your research project has been approved by a German supervisor (or you have proof that a graduate school encourages your application)!
Find out about all other funding possibilities:
- HEC Overseas Scholarships and UESTP Faculty Training Scholarships: www.hec.gov.pk
- International Max Planck Research Schools: www.imprs.mpg.de
- International Helmholtz Research Schools and Graduate Schools: www.helmholtz.de/phd
- Leibniz Graduate Schools: www.leibniz-gemeinschaft.de/graduate-schools
- Graduate Schools funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG): www.dfg.de/en/excellence- initiative/gsc
- DFG Research Training Groups: www.dfg.de/gk/en
- Funded PhD programmes can also be found at: www.phdgermany.de
NOTE: With immediate effect, applications to the programme DAAD research grant have to be submitted online.
The procedure is as follows:
1. Enter the online platform via: www.funding-guide.de
2. Select the programme "Research Grants for Doctoral Candidates and Young Academics and Scientists". You will find a link leading you to the platform.
3. Register yourself
4. Download the application form.
5. Fill the application form and upload it together with all (scanned) documents.
Note: Documents do not need to be certified! Certified copies have to be submitted only by successful candidates!
6. Wait for the system to generate a summary of your application.
7. Print this summary three times and send it to the DAAD office Islamabad until September 30!
Technical requirements: To submit your application online, you need Mozilla or Internet Explorer. Chrome does not work.
For a step by step guide on how to register and apply to the online portal, please click here.
Please call our office (051-2656382) or e-mail us at email@example.com. in case you get stuck.